Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Dairy Free Mac n Cheese

I am so excited that I finally found a easy and delicious dairy free Mac n cheese recipe that I just had to share A.S.A.P! 

I just searched Pinterest this afternoon and found it. It looked easy, compared to a lot of other ones I've tried, but I really doubted the taste. Well, I made it for dinner....and.....the critics approve! Ashlee didn't even know it was dairy free cheese and she's my Mac n cheese fanatic. 

I may be making a big deal about something so insignificant, but you seriously don't have any idea how frustrating this dairy free thing can be sometimes. I'm so grateful for the world we live in today, with all these specialty foods. 

So here it is:
1 (16oz) package of elbow noodles
2 packages of dairy free cheese (I used Daiya brand-1 mozzarella and 1cheddar)
2 1/2 Cups of dairy free milk (I used unsweetened So Delicious Coconut milk)
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Boil noodles for 5 min. (No longer)
3. Bring milk to a low boil and then add cheeses and salt/pepper. Stir constantly until cheeses have melted.
4. Drain noodles and put into a greased casserole dish.
5. Add cheese mixture to noodles 
6. Bake for 30-35 min.

Enjoy this! If you don't do dairy free, I'm sure regular cheeses would taste just as good. Also, gluten free would just swap out the noodles, for gluten free ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment