Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Week 11: I Said I Would Never

My blog has had no purpose lately, as you can tell I haven't been keeping up with my 52 weeks of blogging with purpose. So here I am trying to play catch up, but hey, life gets busy and that is OK. We've been having fun!

I've honestly thought about this one and all I can come up with is:

1. Give my children formula. Christian was a pig. I also worked part time and I could tell you stories of trying to pump and work and keep up with the little munchkin. So unfortunately he had to go to formula. I was devestated and did better with my second one. 

2. Allow them to have nasty snotty noses in public. I was always big on having clean children. I had extra clothes packed in car and wiped their noses with the first sight of boogers. Well, Christian was a very sick kid. He was constantly having a runny nose due to teething, ear infections, colds, whatever. His poor nose was so raw that I just let go of the snot thing.

3. Let them stay up past midnight. Funniest story: It was New Year's Eve 2007. We were getting ready to join the Army (Active Duty). Ashlee had just turned two and my family was over at our house, ringing in the new year. It was tradition that we ordered pizza, had smoked sausage with cheese and crackers, chips, and soda. (And we wonder why we gain weight over the holidays...ha ha). Anyways, I bought the kids pop, for the first time. I thougth orange soda was caffine free. Long story short: Ashlee was awake until 3 am, orange soda DOES have caffine, and caffine mixed with a two year old is not a fun combination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment